Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Next Day the Same

These are strange but familiar walls.
Invite me in after I've been cordial & proper in my introductions.
I enter to feel the comfort from the color that falls on me. Changing
as if in a mood ring wrapped around me. Tight on my reach.
I take off running down hallways.
Pausing to notice my pace,
and then picking it up where I left it at the door where I entered.
Did I rush to proceed is not the question I ask myself.
I thought it patience that allowed me passage.
Yet just as politely, I'd press on,
with no payment.
As follows the path of the nomad wordsong painter.
Perhaps forgiven as a pirate on pillage
but I never found the booty.
So I slumbered, hailed
God, and set sail
into the afternoon soon.
The parades & drums are for the bride
not the groom.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Be good Michael. Hmmmm.....

Unknown said...

Michael, be good. Blessings.