Friday, June 5, 2009

No Home In My Bed

Happy songs. 

No matter the tune, fill the air on wafts of comfort.

Surrounds me. Sorrowless now. 

Trickles in the distance, down rocks into the grass piano. 

Safety and serenity flit on the wings of extinction defying gravity still. Buzz. 

No ringing in my palm, or on my fingertips struggling. 

Dreams are forgotten but not lost. Never lost. 

I still hear her voice calling me inside from sidewalk sketches.

I love in this memory now. 

Only this memory from which I came, can bring me back to now.  

The toll road is too far to pay as you go. Chasing pavements is a losing game. 

My patriotism keeps me from accepting such a foreign concept. 

The sunlight beams off the crest of my flag as it waves proudly high in the sky. 

My soldier’s eternal, and the fight is won..for now.

 Carry on in spite of me. Carry on. 

No comments: